Sunday, December 21, 2008
1) May the Lord, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised.
2) Do not show partiality in judging; hear both the small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it.
3) Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.
4) O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what God is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?
5) Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
6) Be careful not to forget the covenant of the Lord your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves and idol in the form of anything the Lord your God has forbidden. For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4:23, 24
7) When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him.For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.
8) Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
9) Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the Lord your God gives you for all time.
10) Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
11) Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
12) Fear the Lord your God serve him only and take your oaths in his name.
13) Be sure to keep the commands of the Lord your God and the stipulation and decrees he has given you. Do what is right and good in the Lord’s sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land that the Lord promised….
14) If we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us that will be our righteousness.
15) For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the people on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
16) Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
17) Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you.
18) Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and revering him.
19) What does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?
Deuteronomy 10: 12, 13
20) To the Lord your God belongs the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.
21) Circumcise your hearts, therefore and do not be stiff necked any longer. For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of Lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
Deuteronomy 10: 16, 17
22) He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.
23) Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.
24) He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.
25) If you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul—then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grains, new wine and oil.
26) Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hand and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land that the Lord swore to give your forefathers, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.
Deuteronomy 11:18, 20, 21
27) The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.
28) It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.
29) For the Lord your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.
30) For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.
31) For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
32) He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.
33) If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God. You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
Deuteronomy 28:1, 2,3
34) The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
35) The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. Then all the people on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you.
36) The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.
37) The Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back.
38) The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.
39) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
40) The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
41) I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Deuteronomy 32:3, 4
42) The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you saying, ‘Destroy him!
43) Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.
Posted by chowi at 4:57 AM
Sunday, December 14, 2008
1) Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them . I am the Lord.
2) Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.
3) Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves. I am the Lord your God.
4) Do not steal.
Do not lie
Do not deceive one another.
Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God, I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:11, 12
5) Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
6) Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
7) Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God.Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
Leviticus 20:7, 8
8) You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.
9) I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove savage beasts from the Land, and the sword will not pass through your country.
10) I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers , and I will keep my covenant with you.
11) I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people.
Leviticus 26:12, 13
1) “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
2) The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion.
Posted by chowi at 4:44 PM
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1) The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob –has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
2) Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.
3) The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
4) The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name.
Exodus 15:2, 3
5) Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you –majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?
6) In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.
7) The Lord will reign forever and ever.
8) If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decree, I will not bring on you any of the disease I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.
9) (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS)
You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandment.
You shall not misuse the name of the e Lord your God, for the lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuse his name.
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your man servant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath and made it holy.
Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
10) Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.
11) Worship the Lord your God and his blessing will be on your food and water.
12) If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you.
13) My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
14) If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
15) I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16) The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.
17) Do not worship any other God, for the Lord whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Exodus 34: 14
Posted by chowi at 6:33 PM
1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2) And God said, “Let there be light and there was light”. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from darkness.
Genesis 1:3, 4
3) God made two great lights –the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
4) Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creation that move along the ground.”
4) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created; male and female he created them.
5) The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
6) “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all people on earth will be blessed through you.
Genesis 12:2, 3
7) Abram believed the Lord, and he credited to him as righteousness.
8) I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and God of your descendants after you.
Posted by chowi at 6:17 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1) May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.
1 Thessalonians 3:13
2) God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well.
2 Thessalonians 1:6
3) The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
4) Now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
5) For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as ransom for all men –the testimony given in its proper time.
1Timothy 2:5, 6
6) Beyond all questions the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
Was vindicated by the spirit,
Was seen by angels,
Was preached among nations,
Was believed on in the world,
Was taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16
7) For physical training is of some value, but godliness has values for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8
8) Godliness with the contentment is great gain .
1 Timothy 6:6
9) For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline.
1 Timothy 1:7
10) Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.
2 Timothy 2:19
11) Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22
12) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men .It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
13) He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Posted by chowi at 9:13 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
1) He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the head, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
2) But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.
3) Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Colossians 3:1, 2
4) Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3:13, 14
5) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
6) And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Posted by chowi at 11:14 PM
1) He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
2) And being found in the appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death –even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
3) Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.
Philippians 2:15, 16
4) But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining forward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13, 14
5) But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:20, 21
6) Rejoice in the Lord always .I will say it again: Rejoice!.
7) Do not be anxious to about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6, 7
Posted by chowi at 10:56 PM
1)In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
Ephesians 1:7, 8
2)For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do works to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
3)Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19, 20
4)Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil schemes.
Ephesians 6:10, 11
5)Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Posted by chowi at 10:54 PM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1)I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
2)The righteous will live by faith.
3)It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
4)Love your neighbor as yourself.
5)Live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
6)The acts of sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
7)But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 5: 22,23
8)Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
9)The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from that spirit will reap eternal life.
Posted by chowi at 5:57 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
1)Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3, 4
2)Now the Lord is the spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17
3)We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:8, 9,10
4)Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away , yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16, 17,18
5)We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7
6)And he died for all that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:15
7)If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
8)For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said; “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
2 Corinthians 6:16
9)Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2 Corinthians 7:1
10)Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
2 Corinthians 7:10
11)Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:6, 7
12)You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:11
13)Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.
2 Corinthians 10:17
14)My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Posted by chowi at 9:11 AM
1)For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18
2)For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.
1 Corinthians 1:25
3)Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:31
4)No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9
5)For the wisdom of the world is foolishness in God’s sight.
1 Corinthians 3:19
6)Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
7)For we were all baptized by one spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one spirit to Drink.
1 Corinthians 12:13
8)Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps keep no record of wrongs . Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
9)He who speaks in a tongues edifies himself, but he who prophecies edifies the church.
1 Corinthians 14:4
10)Death has been swallowed in victory .
Where O death is your victory ?
Where, O death, is your sting?
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
11)Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord , because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
Posted by chowi at 8:42 AM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1)In the last days, God says, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophecy, your young men will see visions,your old men will dream dreams.
2)And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
3)It is more blessed to give than to receive.
1)I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
2)For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
3)Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven whose sins are covered.
4)Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.
5)He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
6)But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
7)Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
8)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
9)There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans8: 1, 2
10)Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what the nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
11)Those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God.
12)And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
13) If God is for us, who can be against us?
14)Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us…. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers… neither heights nor depths, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35, 37, 38, 39
15)I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
16)If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
17)It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
18)Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.
19)Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
20)Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
21)Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is –his good, pleasing and perfect will.
22)As surely as I live, says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me ; every tongue will confess to God.;”
23)For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Posted by chowi at 3:34 AM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1)I tell you the truth; anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.
2)Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
3)For even the son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
4)“Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
5)He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
6)Love the Lord your God with a all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength .The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself .There is no commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:30, 31
7)Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
8)Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
9)Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Posted by chowi at 7:45 PM
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this Day our Daily Bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever. Amen
Mathew 6: 9-13 (KJV)
Posted by chowi at 7:32 PM
Monday, October 13, 2008
1)She will give birth to a son, and you are to call give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.
2)And they will call him Immanuel –which means God with us.
3)He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
4)And a voice from heaven said, “ This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
5)Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
6)Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.
7)Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
8)Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.
9)Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.
10)Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
11)When you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
12)For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.
13)For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
14)Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
15)Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
16)Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge him before my father in heaven.
17)He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.
18)Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me.
19)Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
20)In his name the nations will put their hope.
21)If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
22)I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for,it will be done for you by my father in heaven. For two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.
23)With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
24)The son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
25)Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Mathew 22:37, 38, 39
26)For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
27)Heaven and Earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
28)But he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
29)“All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciple of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. As surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Mathew 28:18, 19, 20
Posted by chowi at 3:11 PM
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Hi to all my friends, just wanted to share my thoughts on giving gospel.
Giving gospel or telling the good news of Jesus has become a hard thing in the Christian world. Today many are divided against different sects in Christian religion itself. Some argue they are right in following their own type of culture. Hence we have no objection in arguing with such people. So here come my thoughts on giving gospel.
Whenever we Christians want to give a gospel to a non believer it ends up in trouble and arguments question over question. So when we give the gospel you need to tell what you need to tell completely from first to last, what you intended to speak. Even though the person may argue at first. You ought to tell the person first to listen patiently what you intended to say then he may ask. So that he may know the truth completely and then ask the question. Many Christians are overflowed to give the other religions a blast. Some times we need to be self controlled and speak what we believers of truth intend to speak.
When you give the gospel it should be obviously from the bible that you know of. Flattery talk or causal talk will result in lack of importance in the life we live and what we share to others. Today many youths are overflowed to speak the gospel. But how do you give the gospel? We should not judge between any person or religion or anything. It should be all about God and Him alone. When we give the gospel it is for the glorification of God alone and not to win hearts or religion but to win souls for Christ.
Other thing, I have realized in life is that there is a time and place for everything when you need to give. The spirit of God will come upon you when we need to speak the truth and share the love of God. When we speak we shouldn’t be double minded whether I should give or not the gospel of Jesus. Never doubt yes or no.
I have seen many people arguing catholic vs. protestant. This is what you ought to tell such people. Believe whatever is written in the Bible and don’t follow what is not written in the Bible. The answer is that simple! Don’t follow traditions and worldly cultures. The conclusion is “READ THE BOOK OF FAITH AND LIVE BY THE BOOK OF FAITH” i.e. THE BIBLE.
Another thing I wanted to share with you all is the deception in the different simplified version of Bible. Better stick to KJV (King James Version) and NIV (New International version) for starters. Today many modern bibles have made words so simple they have lost their meaning and truth and some words are words of men rather than words of God. Jesus says in Revelation
“That anyone who adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him the share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book.” Revelation 22:18
Therefore friends read the right Bible and interpret the correct truth. When we speak and give the truth from the word we have a reward from heaven. Conclusion is let us speak the truth and live the truth and “Jesus” is that truth. Let us put worldly arguments aside about religions and Issues concerning the world. Let us live for the glorification and edification of our Lord and Savior.
I can keep on writing I just wanted to keep this Blog “Short, Simple & Sweet (SSS)”
Feel free to share your thoughts or leave a message.
Posted by chowi at 1:35 PM
Monday, October 6, 2008
1)Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
2)“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
3)“Do not be afraid. I am the first and the last. I am the living one; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:17, 18
4)He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
5)Be faithful even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.
6)He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.
7)To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.
8)To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations –just as I have authority from Father.
Revelation 2:26, 27
9)He who overcomes will, like them be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my father and his angels.
10)Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
11)To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my father on his throne.
12)You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.
13)In a loud voice they sang:
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
14)Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing;
“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever!”
15)And they cried out in a loud voice:
Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.
16)We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the one who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.
17)Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.
18)“Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
Revelation 15:3, 4
19)After this I heard what sounded like the roar o a great multitude in heaven shouting:
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for true and just are his judgments.
Revelation 19:1, 2
20)Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.
21)He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
22)On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
23)He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
24)Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.
25)Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
26)I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.
Posted by chowi at 5:17 AM
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1) God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5
2) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
3) If anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him.
1 John 2:5
4) Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him.
1 John 2:15
5) The world and its desire pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
1 John 2:17
6) How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1
7) He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
1 John 3:7
8) This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our life for our brothers.
1 John 3:16
9) And this is his command: to believe in the name of his son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 3:23
10) Those who obey his command live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the spirit he gave us.
1 John 3:24
11) Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.
1 John 4:2,3
12) God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9
13) No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4:12
14) If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
1 John 4:15,16
15) We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4:19
16) Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.
1 John 5:1
17) For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
1 John 5:4,5
18) Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
3 John 1:11
19) Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the father and the son.
2 John 1:9
Posted by chowi at 3:48 AM
Saturday, September 27, 2008
1) In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade –kept in heaven for you.
1 peter 1:3,4
2) He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “ Be holy because I am holy.”
1 peter 1:15,16
3) Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
1 peter 1:21
4) The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.
1 peter 1:24,25
5) You are a chosen people a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 peter 2:9
6) He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
1 peter 2:24
7) Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
1 peter 3:5
8) For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord are against those who do evil.
1 peter 3:11
9) Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the spirit.
1 peter 3:18
10) Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
1 peter 5:6
11) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 peter 5:7
1) With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and thousand years are like a day.
2 peter 3:8
2) You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.
2 peter 3:11
3) In keeping with his promise we are looking for a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
2 peter 3:13
4) Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen
2 Peter 3:18
Posted by chowi at 4:33 AM
Friday, September 26, 2008
(James is the brother of Jesus, Disciple of Jesus, leader in Jerusalem church) NIV
1) If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
2) Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
3) Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
4) He chose to give us birth through the word of truth that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created.
5) The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
6) Submit yourself, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.
7) Humble yourself before the Lord and he will lift you up.
8) Be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
9) The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
10) The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Posted by chowi at 8:34 AM
Thursday, September 25, 2008
1) The son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
2) Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
3) God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. Hebrews 2:4
4) In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
5) For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
6) For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing souls and spirits, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of heart.
7) Nothing in all creations is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Hebrews 4; 13
8) Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
9) God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help him.
10) He is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
11) He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
12) I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
13) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.
14) He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.
15) How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
16) Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
17) Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
18) Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our heart sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
19) Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
20) Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
21) God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
22) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
23) The Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.
24) Keep your lives free from the Love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“ Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you”
25) Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
26) Through Jesus let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise –the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Posted by chowi at 7:41 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
PSALM 1 – 50 (PART 1)
Favorite or Important verse from Psalm 51 - 150 is located above this.If you think any important verse is missing or important to you from this, please add below or comment.
1) His delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. Whatever he does prospers.
Psalm 1: 2, 3
2) Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2: 11
3) Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 2: 12
4) From the Lord comes deliverance.
Psalm 3: 8
5) Let the light of your face shine upon us O Lord.
Psalm 4: 6
6) You have filled my hear with great
Psalm 4; 7
7) Surely O Lord you bless the righteous, you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5: 12
8) Save me because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 6: 4
9) God is a righteous judge.
Psalm 7: 11
10) I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness.
Psalm 7: 17
11) I will praise you, O Lord with all my heart, I will tell of all your wonder's.
Psalm 9; 1
12) The Lord is King forever and ever.
Psalm 10: 16
13) Blessed is the man who does not walk in counsel of the wicked.
Psalm 1; 2
14) The Lord is righteous; he loves justice upright men see his face.
Psalm 11: 7
15) The words of the Lord are flawless like silver refined in a furnace of clay purified 7 times.
Psalm 12: 6
16) I trust in your unfailing love my heart rejoice in your salvation.
Psalm 13; 5
17) I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13: 6
18) God is present in the company of the righteous.
Psalm 14; 5
19) He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who does what is righteous who speaks the truth from his has no slander on his tongue
20) You have made known to me the path of life you will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16 : 11
21) Keep me as the apple of your eyes hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 17; 8
22) In righteousness I will see your face when I awake I will be satisfied with seeking your righteousness.
Psalm 17: 15
23)I have set the Lord always before me because he is at my right hands, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16: 11
24)You have known to me the path of life: you will fill me me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures in your hands.
25) Show me the wonder of your great love you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in from their foes.
26) Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
27) And in righteousness I will see your face when I awake I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
28) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock , in whom I take refuge .He is my shield and the horn of my salvation my stronghold.
29) To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
Psalm 18: 25, 26
30) As for God his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
31) He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
Psalm 18: 33
32) You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.
33) The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statues of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
34) The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart,The commands of the Lord are radiant giving light to the eyes.
35) The Fear of the Lord is pure enduring forever.The ordinances of the Lord are sure altogether righteous.
36) May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord my Rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19: 14
37) Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 20: 7
38) The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the Lord will praise him-- may your heart live forever.
Psalm 22: 26
39) For dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.
40) The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want be in want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.He restores my soul He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name sake.
Psalm 23:1, 2,3
41) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
42)Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his Holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.
Psalm 24: 3,4
43)Show me your ways O Lord, teach me your path; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long.
44) All the ways of the Lord are Loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
Psalm 25: 10
45) The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Psalm 25: 14
46) My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Psalm 25; 15
47) May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope is in you.
Psalm 25: 21
48) Test me O Lord and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me and I walk continually in your truth.
Psalm 26:2, 3
49) I love the house of the Lord where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells.
50) The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is my stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27: 1
51) One thing I ask of the Lord this what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
52) Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
53) The Lord is my strength and my shield and my; my heart trusts in him and I am helped.
Psalm 28: 7
54) The Lord is my strength of his people a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
55) The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic.
Psalm 29: 4
56) The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as king forever. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29: 10, 11
57) For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30: 5
58) In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Psalm 31: 1
59) My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and those who pursue me.
Psalm 31: 15
60) Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin's are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is not deceit.
61) You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and you will surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32: 7
62) Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Psalm 32: 10
63) For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does
64) The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
65) But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purpose of his heart through all generation.
Psalm 33: 11
66) Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.
Psalm 33: 12
67) The eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
68) We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
69) I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips
Psalm 34: 1
70) I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
71) Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34: 8
72) Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
Psalm 34: 9
73) The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Psalm 34: 10
74) Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
Psalm 34: 13
75) The Lord is close to the broken hearted and save those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34: 18
76) A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 34: 19
77) My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
78) Your love O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep.
79) For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
Psalm 36: 9
80) Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37: 4
81) Commit your ways to the Lord trust in him and he will do this.
Psalm 37: 5
82) Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37: 7
83) If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm.
Psalm 37: 23
84) For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful one.
Psalm 37: 28
85) The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip.
Psalm 37: 31
86) The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord he is their stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 37: 39
87) He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
88) Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Psalm 40: 4
89) Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
90) Praise be to the Lord the God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen.
Psalm 41: 13
91) As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
92) Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
93) I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.
Psalm 44; 6,7
94) In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.
Psalm 44; 8
95) Rise up and help us: redeem us because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 44: 26
96) Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the sceptre of your kingdom.
97) I will perpetuate your memory through all generation's; therefore the nation's will praise you forever and ever.
Psalm 45: 17
98) God is our refuge and strength an ever present help in trouble.
Psalm 46: 1
99) Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nation's
Psalm 46: 10
100) God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his Holy throne.
101) This God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
102) No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him.
103) A man who has riches without understanding is like the beast that perishes.
104) Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me.
105) He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.
Posted by chowi at 7:22 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs
1)To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinners he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.
2)I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
3)Do not be quick with your mouth; do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
4)When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.
5)A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.
6)Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.
7)The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
8)The man who fears God avoids all extremes.
9)There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
10)God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes.
11)Wisdom brightens a man’s face and changes its hard appearance.
12)Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.
13)Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
14)Sow your seeds in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, or whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.
15)Banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the trouble of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.
16)Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
SONG OF SONGS
1)Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out.
Song of songs 1:3
2)You are a garden fountain, a well of flowing water streaming down from Lebanon.
Song of Songs 4:15
3)My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.
Song of Songs 5:10
4)But my dove, my perfect one is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.
Song of Songs 6:9
Posted by chowi at 2:58 AM
Friday, September 19, 2008
1)Return to me, declares the Lord Almighty, and I will return to you says the Lord Almighty.
2)My town will again overflow with prosperity and the Lord will again comfort Zion and choose Jerusalem.
3)Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.
4)If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirement, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.
5)Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord Almighty.
6)This is what the Lord almighty says: Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or fatherless, the alien or the poor .In your heart do not think evil of each other.
Zechariah 7:8, 9, 10
7)I will save my people from the countries of the east and west.I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.
Zechariah 8:7, 8
8)Many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord almighty and to entreat him.
9)He will proclaim peace to all nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.
10)Ask the Lord for rain in springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.
11)I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will walk, declares the Lord.
12)I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people, and they will say,’ ‘The Lord is our God’.
13)The Lord will be King over all the earth. On that day there will be one Lord and his name the only name.
1)My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offering will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations, says the Lord Almighty.
2)For I am a great King, says the Lord Almighty, and my name is to be feared among the nations.
3)True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found in his lips.He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.
4)Bring the whole tithes into the storehouse, that there maybe food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the flood gates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
5)Then all nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land, says the Lord Almighty.
Posted by chowi at 6:12 AM
Thursday, September 18, 2008
1)Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand.
2)The Lord thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. The day of the Lord is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?
3)Return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.
4)Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
5)Be not afraid, O Land be glad and rejoice. Surely the Lord has done great things.
6)Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
7)You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders over you; never again will my people be shamed.
8)I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
9)And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls.
10)The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and sky will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
1)He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth –the Lord God Almighty is his name.
2)Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.
1)I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
1)Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths. The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
2)All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.
3)He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace.
4)Your hand will be lifted up in triumph over your enemies, and all your foes will be destroyed.
5)He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
6)Do not trust a neighbor; put no confidence in a friend. Even with her who lies in your embrace be careful of your words.
7)But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my savior; my God will hear me.
8)Do not gloat over me my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
9)Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.
10)Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
11)You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Posted by chowi at 12:24 AM