Monday, May 24, 2010
1) My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
1st Samuel 2:1
2) There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
1st Samuel 2:2
3) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.
1st Samuel 2:8
4) Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain.
1st Samuel 12:20-21
5) For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.
1st Samuel 12:22
6) Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
1st Samuel 12:23
7) Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1st Samuel 15:22
8) But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
1st Samuel 16:7
9) Blessed be ye of the LORD; for ye have compassion on me.
1st Samuel 23:21
10) The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.
Posted by chowi at 8:58 PM
Saturday, May 15, 2010
1) That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.
2) But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
3)This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
4Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
5)Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Posted by chowi at 7:45 AM