Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1) God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5
2) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
3) If anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him.
1 John 2:5
4) Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him.
1 John 2:15
5) The world and its desire pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
1 John 2:17
6) How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1
7) He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
1 John 3:7
8) This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our life for our brothers.
1 John 3:16
9) And this is his command: to believe in the name of his son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 3:23
10) Those who obey his command live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the spirit he gave us.
1 John 3:24
11) Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.
1 John 4:2,3
12) God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9
13) No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4:12
14) If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
1 John 4:15,16
15) We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4:19
16) Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.
1 John 5:1
17) For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
1 John 5:4,5
18) Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
3 John 1:11
19) Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the father and the son.
2 John 1:9
Posted by chowi at 3:48 AM
Saturday, September 27, 2008
1) In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade –kept in heaven for you.
1 peter 1:3,4
2) He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “ Be holy because I am holy.”
1 peter 1:15,16
3) Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
1 peter 1:21
4) The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.
1 peter 1:24,25
5) You are a chosen people a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 peter 2:9
6) He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
1 peter 2:24
7) Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
1 peter 3:5
8) For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord are against those who do evil.
1 peter 3:11
9) Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the spirit.
1 peter 3:18
10) Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
1 peter 5:6
11) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 peter 5:7
1) With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and thousand years are like a day.
2 peter 3:8
2) You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.
2 peter 3:11
3) In keeping with his promise we are looking for a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
2 peter 3:13
4) Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen
2 Peter 3:18
Posted by chowi at 4:33 AM
Friday, September 26, 2008
(James is the brother of Jesus, Disciple of Jesus, leader in Jerusalem church) NIV
1) If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
2) Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
3) Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
4) He chose to give us birth through the word of truth that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created.
5) The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
6) Submit yourself, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.
7) Humble yourself before the Lord and he will lift you up.
8) Be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
9) The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
10) The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Posted by chowi at 8:34 AM
Thursday, September 25, 2008
1) The son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
2) Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
3) God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. Hebrews 2:4
4) In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.
5) For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
6) For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing souls and spirits, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of heart.
7) Nothing in all creations is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Hebrews 4; 13
8) Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
9) God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help him.
10) He is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
11) He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
12) I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
13) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.
14) He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.
15) How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
16) Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
17) Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
18) Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our heart sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
19) Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
20) Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
21) God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
22) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
23) The Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.
24) Keep your lives free from the Love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“ Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you”
25) Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
26) Through Jesus let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise –the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Posted by chowi at 7:41 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
PSALM 1 – 50 (PART 1)
Favorite or Important verse from Psalm 51 - 150 is located above this.If you think any important verse is missing or important to you from this, please add below or comment.
1) His delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. Whatever he does prospers.
Psalm 1: 2, 3
2) Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2: 11
3) Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 2: 12
4) From the Lord comes deliverance.
Psalm 3: 8
5) Let the light of your face shine upon us O Lord.
Psalm 4: 6
6) You have filled my hear with great
Psalm 4; 7
7) Surely O Lord you bless the righteous, you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5: 12
8) Save me because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 6: 4
9) God is a righteous judge.
Psalm 7: 11
10) I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness.
Psalm 7: 17
11) I will praise you, O Lord with all my heart, I will tell of all your wonder's.
Psalm 9; 1
12) The Lord is King forever and ever.
Psalm 10: 16
13) Blessed is the man who does not walk in counsel of the wicked.
Psalm 1; 2
14) The Lord is righteous; he loves justice upright men see his face.
Psalm 11: 7
15) The words of the Lord are flawless like silver refined in a furnace of clay purified 7 times.
Psalm 12: 6
16) I trust in your unfailing love my heart rejoice in your salvation.
Psalm 13; 5
17) I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13: 6
18) God is present in the company of the righteous.
Psalm 14; 5
19) He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who does what is righteous who speaks the truth from his has no slander on his tongue
20) You have made known to me the path of life you will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16 : 11
21) Keep me as the apple of your eyes hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 17; 8
22) In righteousness I will see your face when I awake I will be satisfied with seeking your righteousness.
Psalm 17: 15
23)I have set the Lord always before me because he is at my right hands, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16: 11
24)You have known to me the path of life: you will fill me me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures in your hands.
25) Show me the wonder of your great love you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in from their foes.
26) Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
27) And in righteousness I will see your face when I awake I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
28) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock , in whom I take refuge .He is my shield and the horn of my salvation my stronghold.
29) To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
Psalm 18: 25, 26
30) As for God his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
31) He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
Psalm 18: 33
32) You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.
33) The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statues of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
34) The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart,The commands of the Lord are radiant giving light to the eyes.
35) The Fear of the Lord is pure enduring forever.The ordinances of the Lord are sure altogether righteous.
36) May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord my Rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19: 14
37) Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 20: 7
38) The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the Lord will praise him-- may your heart live forever.
Psalm 22: 26
39) For dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.
40) The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want be in want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.He restores my soul He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name sake.
Psalm 23:1, 2,3
41) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
42)Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his Holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.
Psalm 24: 3,4
43)Show me your ways O Lord, teach me your path; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long.
44) All the ways of the Lord are Loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
Psalm 25: 10
45) The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Psalm 25: 14
46) My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Psalm 25; 15
47) May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope is in you.
Psalm 25: 21
48) Test me O Lord and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me and I walk continually in your truth.
Psalm 26:2, 3
49) I love the house of the Lord where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells.
50) The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is my stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27: 1
51) One thing I ask of the Lord this what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
52) Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
53) The Lord is my strength and my shield and my; my heart trusts in him and I am helped.
Psalm 28: 7
54) The Lord is my strength of his people a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
55) The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic.
Psalm 29: 4
56) The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as king forever. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29: 10, 11
57) For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30: 5
58) In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Psalm 31: 1
59) My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and those who pursue me.
Psalm 31: 15
60) Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin's are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is not deceit.
61) You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and you will surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32: 7
62) Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Psalm 32: 10
63) For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does
64) The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
65) But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purpose of his heart through all generation.
Psalm 33: 11
66) Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.
Psalm 33: 12
67) The eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
68) We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
69) I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips
Psalm 34: 1
70) I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
71) Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34: 8
72) Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
Psalm 34: 9
73) The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Psalm 34: 10
74) Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
Psalm 34: 13
75) The Lord is close to the broken hearted and save those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34: 18
76) A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 34: 19
77) My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
78) Your love O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep.
79) For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
Psalm 36: 9
80) Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37: 4
81) Commit your ways to the Lord trust in him and he will do this.
Psalm 37: 5
82) Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37: 7
83) If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm.
Psalm 37: 23
84) For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful one.
Psalm 37: 28
85) The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip.
Psalm 37: 31
86) The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord he is their stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 37: 39
87) He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
88) Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Psalm 40: 4
89) Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
90) Praise be to the Lord the God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen.
Psalm 41: 13
91) As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
92) Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
93) I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.
Psalm 44; 6,7
94) In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.
Psalm 44; 8
95) Rise up and help us: redeem us because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 44: 26
96) Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the sceptre of your kingdom.
97) I will perpetuate your memory through all generation's; therefore the nation's will praise you forever and ever.
Psalm 45: 17
98) God is our refuge and strength an ever present help in trouble.
Psalm 46: 1
99) Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nation's
Psalm 46: 10
100) God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his Holy throne.
101) This God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
102) No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him.
103) A man who has riches without understanding is like the beast that perishes.
104) Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me.
105) He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.
Posted by chowi at 7:22 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs
1)To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinners he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.
2)I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
3)Do not be quick with your mouth; do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
4)When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.
5)A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.
6)Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.
7)The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
8)The man who fears God avoids all extremes.
9)There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
10)God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes.
11)Wisdom brightens a man’s face and changes its hard appearance.
12)Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.
13)Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
14)Sow your seeds in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, or whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.
15)Banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the trouble of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.
16)Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
SONG OF SONGS
1)Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out.
Song of songs 1:3
2)You are a garden fountain, a well of flowing water streaming down from Lebanon.
Song of Songs 4:15
3)My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.
Song of Songs 5:10
4)But my dove, my perfect one is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.
Song of Songs 6:9
Posted by chowi at 2:58 AM
Friday, September 19, 2008
1)Return to me, declares the Lord Almighty, and I will return to you says the Lord Almighty.
2)My town will again overflow with prosperity and the Lord will again comfort Zion and choose Jerusalem.
3)Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.
4)If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirement, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.
5)Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord Almighty.
6)This is what the Lord almighty says: Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or fatherless, the alien or the poor .In your heart do not think evil of each other.
Zechariah 7:8, 9, 10
7)I will save my people from the countries of the east and west.I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.
Zechariah 8:7, 8
8)Many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord almighty and to entreat him.
9)He will proclaim peace to all nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.
10)Ask the Lord for rain in springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.
11)I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will walk, declares the Lord.
12)I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people, and they will say,’ ‘The Lord is our God’.
13)The Lord will be King over all the earth. On that day there will be one Lord and his name the only name.
1)My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offering will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations, says the Lord Almighty.
2)For I am a great King, says the Lord Almighty, and my name is to be feared among the nations.
3)True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found in his lips.He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.
4)Bring the whole tithes into the storehouse, that there maybe food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the flood gates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
5)Then all nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land, says the Lord Almighty.
Posted by chowi at 6:12 AM
Thursday, September 18, 2008
1)Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand.
2)The Lord thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. The day of the Lord is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?
3)Return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.
4)Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
5)Be not afraid, O Land be glad and rejoice. Surely the Lord has done great things.
6)Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
7)You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders over you; never again will my people be shamed.
8)I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
9)And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls.
10)The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and sky will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
1)He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth –the Lord God Almighty is his name.
2)Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.
1)I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
1)Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths. The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
2)All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.
3)He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace.
4)Your hand will be lifted up in triumph over your enemies, and all your foes will be destroyed.
5)He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
6)Do not trust a neighbor; put no confidence in a friend. Even with her who lies in your embrace be careful of your words.
7)But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my savior; my God will hear me.
8)Do not gloat over me my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
9)Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.
10)Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
11)You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Posted by chowi at 12:24 AM
Monday, September 15, 2008
1)I will save them not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but by the Lord their God.
2)Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.
3)For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgement of God rather than burnt offerings.
4)Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.
5)The Lord God almighty, the Lord is his name of renown!
6)Return to your God, maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always.
7)You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me.
8)I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O deaths are your plagues? Where, O grave is your destruction?
9)Take word with you and return to the Lord. Say to him: Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruits of our lips.
10)His splendor will be like an olive tree, his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon.
11)Men will dwell again in his shade. He will flourish like the grain. He will blossom like a vine, and his fame will be like the wine from Lebanon.
12)I will answer him and care for him. I am like a green pine tree; your fruitfulness comes from me.
13)The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them.
14)I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.
Posted by chowi at 7:46 PM
Sunday, September 14, 2008
1) Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord.
2) Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as prophets to the nations.
3) They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you and will rescue you, declares the Lord.
4) This is what the Lord says; “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
5) This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boast’s boast about this:That he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 9:23, 24
6) No one is like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.
7) The Lord is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal king.
8) God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
9) Correct me, Lord, but only with justice –not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing.
10) Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.
11) Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose; surely I will make your enemies plead with you in times of disaster and times of distress.
12) When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.
13) If you repent I will restore you that you may serve me.
14) I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel.
15) Therefore I will teach them –this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the Lord.
16) Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
17) But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
18) “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve”.
19) Heal me, O Lord and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved for you are the one I praise.
20) But the Lord is with me like a might warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
21) Sing to the Lord! Give praise to the Lord! He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked.
22) This is what the Lord says; Do what is just and right.
23) For I have know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
24) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your hearts.
25) The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
26) No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord, because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
27) Great are your purposes and mighty are his deeds. You eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve.
28) I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
29) They will be my people and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them .I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.
Jeremiah 32:38, 39, 40, 41
30) Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
31) I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.
32) I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.
Jeremiah 33:8, 9
33) Give thanks to the Lord almighty, for the Lord is good; his love endures forever.
34) He made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
Posted by chowi at 10:38 PM
Friday, September 12, 2008
Truly multiply has been a blessing to me as well as all other believers. I always feel that there is some one or other who posts beautiful messages and enlighten each other’s life. Some have posted inspirational blogs; some have inspired others in Christian music and many other wishing warm greetings. Here goes my thought on Christian life.
Today in a world were there are many preachers, prophets, and servants of God. There are several thousand books written about Christianity. There are even several thousand blogs written by Christians to inspire believers and non believers. It all comes down to one thing. Do we really need to be buying all the books to influence and change our Christian Life? Maybe Yes or No….Many Christians don’t even read the Bible regularly or for the sake we just read 1 chapter for a day. Is that enough for the day? You should be deciding.
Few Years back my pastor said that if a person does not read ten chapters a day from the Bible he is not worthy. My dad was shocked at this, the day I went back to my home country; I remembered my pastor words of saying to read 10 chapters a day. This was the first time in life I was reading 10 chapters starting from Genesis. I read thoroughly whether I understood or not. Long story short……The day I took my pastors word, I believed that it was for my good to understand the whole of the Bible. It takes sacrifice for all of us to read the word of God. The more number of times you finish reading the Bible the better and clearer it gets. So far God has given me the wisdom to understand his word through his support. I consider the Bible as a Mirror to our daily life.
Coming to the topic of reading Christian books. When the Bible speaks to you, why do you look for another answer from books and doctrines. What I am trying to say is, Bible is the foundation you should be reading first then comes other known Christian authors you know off. Man writes book’s from his own thoughts from his inspirational life based from the Bible. If you give room to the Bible in your hearts then you will find your answer. There is nothing wrong in reading Christian books. But if there is a God living in you and who speaks to you as you read the scripture there is no better way of connection with God.
Jesus is the truth. The Bible says if you know the truth and the truth will set you free. Today many people and pastors talk about the world situation mixed with Gods message. We can keep on talking about the problems of the world for ages; there is no end to it. End of the day, only God has the answer for everyone’s solution. From the smallest to the biggest we can find mistakes with the world. Our duty as a Christian is to give the truth from the Bible rather than debating Christian thoughts vs. Worldly Ideas. Today in many churches truth from the scriptures has been given less importance, rather preachers preach on positivity, financial and other encouraging messages. That might be good but where is the word of God from the Bible? Some preachers quote some few of their favourite verses and their day in preaching ends. Isn’t that cheating on God? I am not here to judge anybody but to tell you the real happening in the Christian world.
Therefore friends’ going to church is important but our relationship with God through the reading of scripture matters even more to God. So let us give room for the word of God in our life first then other things will follow after when it is necessary. Our living hearts will judge what is really needed in our lives and what is not.
God bless you all, feel free to leave me a message or comment
Posted by chowi at 8:15 AM
Monday, September 1, 2008
“Do not expect Praise from men”. Many of you would have read many encouragement message this is just my humble version. I hope at least one soul will be blessed by this message.
Today in a world where there are different backgrounds, cultures and tribes- People around the world people tend to behave in a different way, some are soft,casual,rough and some mild. The interesting thing is Gods children behave the same everywhere in the world, Let me call it “Gods culture”. God treats every one the right way except for his enemies. Coming to the topic, today many people in the world are treated differently. For example
1) A boss in a firm won’t treat the lowest paid salary person the same as he treats the highest paid salary in terms of respect. This is what I call as not Gods culture. Let me give you a simpler example,
2) Another true example, a girl goes to a guys website say hi and so on….The guy replies hi cutie and so on…..This time a guy goes to the website an says to the guy hi and so on…The guy replies who the are you? And some time slang words also come along.
What is the problem with the above situation the person has shown partiality. The psychology of Human is complicated. Jesus says who is not of me is against me. Let us be a part of some body by making good relations. When I used to study in school and college days whenever, I asked for help from professor he would bluntly give me a answer “I do not know or why you weren’t there”. Whereas when a girl approaches to ask a question he is more comfortable to answer the question and takes extra mile to help and he is ready to pacify. The Bible says man looks at the face but God looks at the heart. As Gods children we need to be smiling in such similar situation rather than getting stressed off. Because we believe in the eternal life in heaven whereas all man kind does not. Our life on earth may have some profession of work for our living and survival, but our ultimate goal is to serve the Lord. As a result we need to forgive others sin’s for being wrong; this is the right and Christian way. This is the same as when Jesus said on the cross “Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing”. Let us cheer up and lead a Christian life. Suppose some one hate’s you and does not want to answer you or he does not get your attention just tell him “Thank you”. The bible says “Do not conform to the standards of this world”. The standards of the world are nothing but impurity. Jesus says if a house does not welcome you just shake of the dust of your feet. Let us just shake it off rather than self worry.
In this world people are under oppression (the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically by troubles) such situations leads them to divorce, misunderstanding, Heart breaking, and many more. The world has always been a threatening place to all man kind because of the devil. But let us be like Jesus he says “Take heart, for I have overcome the world.” So let us overcome the world with humbleness and meekness. The world is looking for talented people and those who seek after the worldly Glory. But we live only for the Glory of the Lord. Therefore do not be broken take courage and hold on to him. After all, in times of trouble, where we believer’s of the Lord should look to him who is our Healer and protector. He will deliver you and restore the things you have longed for and lost in life. Treat one and other with care, love and compassion wherever it might be office, home or outside. Cast your burden unto the Lord for he cares for you.
As we servants of the Lord need to change on the inside which is what God wants in a man and show the world what we are to God. When we look upon God and his desires, men will start looking upon you with respect and honor.This is the same as in the Old Testament Abraham who was father of righteousness anointed by God, in the New Testament even the Jewish people respected him as a great leader and was widely known for many generations. As more we seek God in his righteousness we will be more of him and less of us. This is the true and righteous way every Christian should be living. I conclude this message from a verse from the Bible.
But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
Galatians 5:22, 23
Posted by chowi at 9:55 AM