Thursday, September 18, 2008

Favorite Or Important Verses From JOEL, AMOS, JONAH & MICAH (NIV)


RockYou FXText


JOEL

1)Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand.
Joel 2:1

2)The Lord thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. The day of the Lord is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?
Joel 2:11

3)Return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.
Joel 2:12

4)Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
Joel 2:13

5)Be not afraid, O Land be glad and rejoice. Surely the Lord has done great things.
Joel 2:21

6)Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
Joel 2:23

7)You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders over you; never again will my people be shamed.
Joel 2:27

8)I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
Joel 2:28

9)And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls.
Joel 2:32

10)The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and sky will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
Joel 3:16

Amos

1)He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth –the Lord God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13

2)Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.
Amos 5:14

Jonah

1)I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
Jonah 4:2


Micah

1)Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths. The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
Micah 4:2

2)All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.
Micah 4:5

3)He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace.
Micah 5:4,5

4)Your hand will be lifted up in triumph over your enemies, and all your foes will be destroyed.
Micah 5:9

5)He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

6)Do not trust a neighbor; put no confidence in a friend. Even with her who lies in your embrace be careful of your words.
Micah 7:5

7)But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my savior; my God will hear me.
Micah 7:7

8)Do not gloat over me my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
Micah 7:8

9)Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.
Micah 7:9

10)Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
Micah 7:18

11)You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:19

No comments: