Friday, September 10, 2010
(Old KJV 2nd Peter1:2-11)
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity (love). For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
(Add to Faith Virtue, Virtue to Knowledge, Knowledge to Temperance, Temperance to Patience to godliness to Brotherly kindness to Love.)
2nd Corinthians 3:18 - But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Romans 8:28-29- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Ephesians 4:11-13- And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
Isaiah 51:1- Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn(cut), and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
1st Peter 5:6 - Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.
Job 8:7 - Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
Philemon 1:6- That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
“There’s an eye that never sleeps beneath the wing of night
There’s an ear that never shuts when sink the beams of light
There’s an arm that never tires when human strength gives way
There’s a love which never fails when earthly love decay !”
-He is Jesus
Posted by chowi at 7:30 AM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
1)And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
2)And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.
3)Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.
4)Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.
5)And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments.
6)O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.
7)Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
8)But thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.
9)Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy.
Posted by chowi at 9:07 PM
Thursday, August 5, 2010
1) Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
1st Chronicles 16:8
2) Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
1st Chronicles 16:9-10
3) Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
1st Chronicles 16:11
4) Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.
1st Chronicles 16:23-24
5) For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
1st Chronicles 16:25
6) Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place. Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
1st Chronicles 16:27-28
7) Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
1st Chronicles 16:29
8) Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth.
1st Chronicles 16:31
9) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
1st Chronicles 16:34
10) Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.
1st Chronicles 28:20
1) It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD.
2nd Chronicles 5:13
2)O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts.
2nd Chronicles 6:14
3) When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them;Then hear thou from heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, when thou hast taught them the good way, wherein they should walk; and send rain upon thy land, which thou hast given unto thy people for an inheritance.
2nd Chronicles 6:26
4) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2nd Chronicles 7:14
5)The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.
2nd Chronicles 15:2
6) Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
2nd Chronicles 15:7
7) For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
2nd Chronicles 16:9
8)Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
2nd Chronicles 20:15
9)For if ye turn again unto the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land: for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.
2nd Chronicles 30:9
Posted by chowi at 12:23 PM
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
1) I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:19
2) Therefore say to them, This is what the sovereign Lord says;None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the sovereign Lord. Ezekiel 12:28
3) I will establish my covenant with you and you will know that I am the Lord.Ezekiel 16: 62
4) I am the Lord your God; follow my decree and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 20:19
5) I will give you a new heart and a put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decree and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 36:26,27
6) I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then you will know that I am Lord. Ezekiel 38:23
7) I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. Ezekiel 39:7
8) Say to them,As surely as I live, declares the sovereign Lord , I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Ezekiel 33:11
Posted by chowi at 9:33 PM
1) Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men.
2)Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.
3)The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
4)Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven.
5)Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
6)Be merciful, just as your father is merciful.
7)Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
8)Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me.
9)If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
10)I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
11)Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself.
12)Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will be opened.
13)Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.
14) Whoever acknowledges me before men, the son of man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.
15)Seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
16)For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
17)For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
18)I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.
19)“What is impossible with men is possible with God.”
20)For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.
21)Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord !
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
22)By standing firm you will gain life.
Posted by chowi at 9:31 PM
1)In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:1, 2
2)Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
3)“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
4)“The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.
5)The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.
John 3:35, 36
6)Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.
7)God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.
8)Whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
9)I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
10)He who believes has everlasting life.
11)“If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me as the scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”
John 7:37, 38
12)“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
13)I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
John 11:25, 26
14)When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me.
John 12:44, 45
15)If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the son in himself, and will glorify him at once.
16)Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
17)I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.
18)And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:13, 14
19)He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
20)If you remain in me and my words remains in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
Posted by chowi at 9:30 PM
1)In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
Ephesians 1:7, 8
2)For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do works to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
3)Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19, 20
4)Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil schemes.
Ephesians 6:10, 11
5)Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Posted by chowi at 9:29 PM
1) There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one beside you; there is no Rock like our God.
1 Samuel 2:2
2) The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.
1 Samuel 2:7
3) He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats with them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor.
“For the foundation of the earth are the Lord’s; upon them he has set the world”
1 Samuel 2:8
4)The spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power, and you will prophecy with them; and you will be changed into a different person.
1 Samuel 10:6
5)Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes!.
1 Samuel 12:16
6)But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24
7)Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7
8)The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness.
1 Samuel 26:23
1) I will be his father, and he will be my son.
2 Samuel 7:14
2) Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.
2 Samuel 7:16
3) How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.
2 Samuel 7:22
4) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior –from violent men you save me.
2 Samuel 22:2, 3
5) I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
2 Samuel 22:4
6) He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.
2 Samuel 22:18, 19
7) He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
2 Samuel 22:20
8) The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
2 Samuel 22:21
9) You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.
2 Samuel 22:29
10) As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
2 Samuel 22:31
11) It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
2 Samuel 22:33
12) You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
2 Samuel 22:36, 37
13) The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!
2 Samuel 22:47
14) He is the God who avenges me, who puts the nations under me, who sets me free from my enemies. You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me. Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praise to your name.
2 Samuel 22:48, 49, 50
15) The spirit of the Lord was on me; his word was on my tongue.
2 Samuel 23:2
Posted by chowi at 9:27 PM
1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.
3) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
4) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
5) He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
6) I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
7) Everyman also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.
8) A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one’s birth.
9) Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
10) For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the Excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
11) For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
11) Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man’s heart discerneth both time and judgment.
12) Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him.
13) Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
14) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
15) For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Posted by chowi at 9:25 PM
1) Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the Lord our God.
2) And thou shalt swear, The Lord liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.
3) Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
4) Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.
5) But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king : at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
6) He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
7) O Lord, correct me, but with judgment ; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.
8) Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
9) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
10) Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
11) Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? Saith the Lord.
12) Is not my words like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
13) For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
14) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
15) The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
16) For thus saith the Lord; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.
17) Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.
18) Ah Lord God ! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.
19) Thou shewest loving kindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of host is his name, Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give everyone according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
20) Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
21) Thus saith the Lord the maker therof, the Lord that formed it , to establish it; the Lord is his name.
22) Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
23) And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them : and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
24) The voice of joy , and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord.
25) Whether it be good, or whether it be evil, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God, to whom we send thee; that it may be well with us, when we obey the voice of the Lord our God.
26) He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.
Posted by chowi at 9:23 PM
1) And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself.
1st Kings 2:3
2) That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else. Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
1st Kings 8:60-61
3) When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them:Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk, and give rain upon thy land, which thou hast given to thy people for an inheritance.
1st Kings 8:35-36
4) What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)That they may fear thee all the days that they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.
1st Kings 8:38-40
5) (For they shall hear of thy great name, and of thy strong hand, and of thy stretched out arm;) when he shall come and pray toward this house;Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.
1st Kings 8:42-43
6) The LORD our God be with us, as he was with our fathers: let him not leave us, nor forsake us:That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
1st Kings 8:57-58
1) And the covenant that I have made with you ye shall not forget; neither shall ye fear other gods. But the LORD your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.
2nd Kings 17:38-39
2) Ye shall not fear other gods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them:But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.
2nd kings 17:35-36
Posted by chowi at 9:04 PM
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
1) Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
2nd Samuel 7:22
2) The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2nd Samuel 22:2-3
3) I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
2nd Samuel 22:4
4) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
2nd Samuel 22:7
5) He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
2nd Samuel 22:17-20
6) For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
2nd Samuel 22:29
7) As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
2nd Samuel 22:31
8) God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
2nd Samuel 22:33
9) The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
2nd Samuel 22:47
10) The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
2nd Samuel 23:2
Posted by chowi at 3:03 PM
Monday, May 24, 2010
1) My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
1st Samuel 2:1
2) There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
1st Samuel 2:2
3) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.
1st Samuel 2:8
4) Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain.
1st Samuel 12:20-21
5) For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.
1st Samuel 12:22
6) Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
1st Samuel 12:23
7) Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1st Samuel 15:22
8) But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
1st Samuel 16:7
9) Blessed be ye of the LORD; for ye have compassion on me.
1st Samuel 23:21
10) The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.
Posted by chowi at 8:58 PM
Saturday, May 15, 2010
1) That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.
2) But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
3)This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
4Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
5)Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Posted by chowi at 7:45 AM
Thursday, April 22, 2010
1) Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.
2) The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes.
3) Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you.
4) But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
5) I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
6) Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
7) Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
8) Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
9) Honor thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
10) Thou shalt not kill. Neither shalt thou commit adultery. Neither shalt thou steal. Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbor. Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbor's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbor's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbor's.
11) Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.
12)Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart.
13) Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.
14) And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers.
15) For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
16) Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen.
17) And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.
18) For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; 23 Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.
19) Thou shalt therefore obey the voice of the LORD thy God, and do his commandments and his statutes, which I command thee this day.
20) And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
21) The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.
22) And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
23) Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
24) And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
25)Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. 4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Posted by chowi at 12:19 PM
Saturday, April 10, 2010
1) The Lord bless thee, and keep thee. The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
2) The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.
4) The Lord is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
5) But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.
6) I am the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the Lord your God.
Posted by chowi at 9:24 PM
Monday, March 8, 2010
1) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
2) And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
3) And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty.
4) Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.
5) I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (EXODUS 20:3-17)
1) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3) Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5) Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6) Thou shalt not kill.
7) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8) Thou shalt not steal.
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
6) Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
7) And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.
8) And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
9) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
10) And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
11) For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Posted by chowi at 3:01 PM
1) Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
2) Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
3) Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
4) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.
5) Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
6) I am the LORD. Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD. Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you, That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD.
7) Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the LORD your God.
8) Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
9) If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
10) And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
11) And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
Posted by chowi at 2:53 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2010
1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
3) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
4) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
5) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
6) I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
7) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
8) And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
9) And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
10) Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
11) And I will bless her (sarah), and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
12) Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
13) And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
14) That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
15) And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed.
16) And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.
17) I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me.
18) And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins.
Posted by chowi at 10:42 PM
Sunday, January 24, 2010
1) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
2) Behold he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
3) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
4) Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
5) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
7) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations.
8) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
9) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
10) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
11) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
12) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
13) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
14) And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen
15) And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
16) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
19) Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
20) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
21) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
22) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
22) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
23) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
23) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
24) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
25) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
26) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
27) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Posted by chowi at 2:32 AM
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
1) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1st John 1:5
2) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1st John 1:7
3) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1st John 1:9
4) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust therof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
1st John 2:15-17
5) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1st John 3:2
6) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1st John 3:3
7) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1st John 3:16
8) My little children, let us not love in words, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1st John 3:18
9) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1st John 3:23-24
10) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1st John 4:4
11) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1st John 4:7-8
12) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1st John 4:9
13) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitation for our sins.
1st John 4:10
14) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1st John 4:12
15) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1st John 4:15
16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1st John 4:16
17) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.We love him because he first loved us.
1st John 4:18-19
18) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1st John 5:4
19) Who is he that overcometh the world: but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son on God ?
1st John 5:5
20) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
1st John 5:15
1) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2nd John 1:9
1) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
3rd John 1:11
1) But be ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Posted by chowi at 3:50 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
1) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundance mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1st Peter 1:3-5
2) He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1st Peter 1:15-16
3) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
1st Peter 1:22-23
4) The word of the Lord endureth forever.
1st Peter 1:25
5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1st Peter 2:5
6) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
1st Peter 2:9-10
7) Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
1st Peter 2:17
8) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, laving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but commited himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
1st Peter 2:21-24
9) For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is agains them that do evil.
1st Peter 3:12
10) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1st Peter 5:6-7
11) The God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
1st Peter 5:10-11
1) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2nd Peter 3:8
2) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2nd Peter 1:5-8
3) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2nd Peter 3:10
Posted by chowi at 10:56 PM
Saturday, January 16, 2010
1) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
2) Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
3) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
4) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
5) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
6) The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
10) Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
11) And the prayer of the faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
12) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
13) Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his ways, shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Posted by chowi at 11:19 AM
Thursday, January 14, 2010
1) But unto the Son he saith,Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
2) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
3) And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish: but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
4) Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.And again, I will put my trust in him.
5) For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
6) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
7) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
8) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgression that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
9) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them: And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
10) Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water
11) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
12) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
13) We are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
14) But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
15) Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
16) I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
17) The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
18) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
19) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Posted by chowi at 10:19 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2010
1) For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity , and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
2) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
1) I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Posted by chowi at 6:42 AM
Friday, January 8, 2010
1) The grace of our Lord Jesus was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1st Timothy 1:14
2) Now unto the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1st Timothy 1:17
3) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1st Timothy 2:5
4) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1st Timothy 3:16
5) For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1st Timothy 4:4
6) For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
1st Timothy 4:8
7) Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou and example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1st Timothy 4:12
8) But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1st Timothy 6:6
9) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1st Timothy 6:11
10) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1st Timothy 6:12
11) Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
1st Timothy 6:17-19
1) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind.
2nd Timothy 1:7
2) Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
2nd Timothy 1:8-10
3) Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2nd Timothy 2:22
4) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2nd Timothy 2:16-17
5) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
2nd Timothy 4:7-8
6) It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
2nd Timothy 2:11-13
Posted by chowi at 4:16 AM