Saturday, November 22, 2008
1) May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.
1 Thessalonians 3:13
2) God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well.
2 Thessalonians 1:6
3) The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
4) Now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
5) For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as ransom for all men –the testimony given in its proper time.
1Timothy 2:5, 6
6) Beyond all questions the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
Was vindicated by the spirit,
Was seen by angels,
Was preached among nations,
Was believed on in the world,
Was taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16
7) For physical training is of some value, but godliness has values for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8
8) Godliness with the contentment is great gain .
1 Timothy 6:6
9) For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline.
1 Timothy 1:7
10) Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.
2 Timothy 2:19
11) Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22
12) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men .It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
13) He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Posted by chowi at 9:13 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
1) He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the head, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
2) But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.
3) Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Colossians 3:1, 2
4) Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3:13, 14
5) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
6) And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Posted by chowi at 11:14 PM
1) He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
2) And being found in the appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death –even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
3) Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.
Philippians 2:15, 16
4) But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining forward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13, 14
5) But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:20, 21
6) Rejoice in the Lord always .I will say it again: Rejoice!.
7) Do not be anxious to about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6, 7
Posted by chowi at 10:56 PM
1)In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
Ephesians 1:7, 8
2)For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do works to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
3)Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19, 20
4)Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil schemes.
Ephesians 6:10, 11
5)Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Posted by chowi at 10:54 PM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1)I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
2)The righteous will live by faith.
3)It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
4)Love your neighbor as yourself.
5)Live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
6)The acts of sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
7)But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 5: 22,23
8)Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
9)The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from that spirit will reap eternal life.
Posted by chowi at 5:57 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
1)Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3, 4
2)Now the Lord is the spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17
3)We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:8, 9,10
4)Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away , yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16, 17,18
5)We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7
6)And he died for all that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:15
7)If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
8)For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said; “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
2 Corinthians 6:16
9)Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2 Corinthians 7:1
10)Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
2 Corinthians 7:10
11)Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:6, 7
12)You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:11
13)Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.
2 Corinthians 10:17
14)My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Posted by chowi at 9:11 AM
1)For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18
2)For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.
1 Corinthians 1:25
3)Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:31
4)No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9
5)For the wisdom of the world is foolishness in God’s sight.
1 Corinthians 3:19
6)Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
7)For we were all baptized by one spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one spirit to Drink.
1 Corinthians 12:13
8)Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps keep no record of wrongs . Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
9)He who speaks in a tongues edifies himself, but he who prophecies edifies the church.
1 Corinthians 14:4
10)Death has been swallowed in victory .
Where O death is your victory ?
Where, O death, is your sting?
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
11)Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord , because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
Posted by chowi at 8:42 AM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1)In the last days, God says, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophecy, your young men will see visions,your old men will dream dreams.
2)And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
3)It is more blessed to give than to receive.
1)I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
2)For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
3)Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven whose sins are covered.
4)Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.
5)He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
6)But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
7)Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
8)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
9)There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans8: 1, 2
10)Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what the nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
11)Those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God.
12)And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
13) If God is for us, who can be against us?
14)Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us…. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers… neither heights nor depths, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35, 37, 38, 39
15)I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
16)If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
17)It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
18)Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.
19)Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
20)Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
21)Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is –his good, pleasing and perfect will.
22)As surely as I live, says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me ; every tongue will confess to God.;”
23)For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Posted by chowi at 3:34 AM