Sunday, December 21, 2008
1) May the Lord, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised.
2) Do not show partiality in judging; hear both the small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it.
3) Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.
4) O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what God is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?
5) Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
6) Be careful not to forget the covenant of the Lord your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves and idol in the form of anything the Lord your God has forbidden. For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4:23, 24
7) When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him.For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.
8) Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
9) Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the Lord your God gives you for all time.
10) Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
11) Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
12) Fear the Lord your God serve him only and take your oaths in his name.
13) Be sure to keep the commands of the Lord your God and the stipulation and decrees he has given you. Do what is right and good in the Lord’s sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land that the Lord promised….
14) If we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us that will be our righteousness.
15) For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the people on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
16) Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
17) Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you.
18) Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and revering him.
19) What does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?
Deuteronomy 10: 12, 13
20) To the Lord your God belongs the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.
21) Circumcise your hearts, therefore and do not be stiff necked any longer. For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of Lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
Deuteronomy 10: 16, 17
22) He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.
23) Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.
24) He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.
25) If you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul—then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grains, new wine and oil.
26) Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hand and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land that the Lord swore to give your forefathers, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.
Deuteronomy 11:18, 20, 21
27) The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.
28) It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.
29) For the Lord your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.
30) For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.
31) For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
32) He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.
33) If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God. You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
Deuteronomy 28:1, 2,3
34) The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
35) The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. Then all the people on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you.
36) The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.
37) The Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back.
38) The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.
39) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
40) The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
41) I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Deuteronomy 32:3, 4
42) The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you saying, ‘Destroy him!
43) Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.
Posted by chowi at 4:57 AM
Sunday, December 14, 2008
1) Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them . I am the Lord.
2) Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.
3) Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves. I am the Lord your God.
4) Do not steal.
Do not lie
Do not deceive one another.
Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God, I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:11, 12
5) Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
6) Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
7) Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God.Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
Leviticus 20:7, 8
8) You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.
9) I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove savage beasts from the Land, and the sword will not pass through your country.
10) I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers , and I will keep my covenant with you.
11) I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people.
Leviticus 26:12, 13
1) “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
2) The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion.
Posted by chowi at 4:44 PM
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1) The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob –has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
2) Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.
3) The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
4) The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name.
Exodus 15:2, 3
5) Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you –majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?
6) In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.
7) The Lord will reign forever and ever.
8) If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decree, I will not bring on you any of the disease I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.
9) (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS)
You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandment.
You shall not misuse the name of the e Lord your God, for the lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuse his name.
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your man servant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath and made it holy.
Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
10) Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.
11) Worship the Lord your God and his blessing will be on your food and water.
12) If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you.
13) My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
14) If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
15) I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16) The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.
17) Do not worship any other God, for the Lord whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Exodus 34: 14
Posted by chowi at 6:33 PM
1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2) And God said, “Let there be light and there was light”. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from darkness.
Genesis 1:3, 4
3) God made two great lights –the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
4) Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creation that move along the ground.”
4) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created; male and female he created them.
5) The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
6) “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all people on earth will be blessed through you.
Genesis 12:2, 3
7) Abram believed the Lord, and he credited to him as righteousness.
8) I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and God of your descendants after you.
Posted by chowi at 6:17 PM