Saturday, September 26, 2009
1) Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand.
2) Therefore also now,saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning. And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
3) Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.
4) And it shall come to pass afterwards, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
5) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.
6) The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
1) For thus saith the Lord unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live.
2) Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
3) Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
1) But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.
2) For I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.
1) And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
2) For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
3) And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he great unto the ends of the earth.
4) He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
5) Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
6) Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
7) He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
Posted by chowi at 3:31 PM
Thursday, September 10, 2009
1) Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2) If we follow on to know the Lord : his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
3) Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord. Till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
4) Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
5) I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
6) His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
7) Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? Prudent, and he shall know them? For the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them.
Posted by chowi at 9:05 PM
1) Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his.
2) He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding.He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
3) How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders ! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation.
4) And I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation.
5) And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
6) And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes.
7) To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him.
8) For the Lord our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth.
Daniel 9: 14
9) Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake.
10) Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me, And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
11) And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Posted by chowi at 8:57 PM
1) Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the Lord from his place.
2) And the hand of the Lord was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee. Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and behold, the glory of the Lord stood there, as the glory which I saw by the rivers of Chebar: and I fell on my face. Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me,Go, shut thyself within thine house.
Ezekiel 3: 22,23
3) Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel ? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God : wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
4) As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
5) I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.
6) I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick.
7) And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
8) And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
9) And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase , and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
10) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
11) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
12) And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.
13) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them: it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
14) And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
15) So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house.
Posted by chowi at 8:19 PM