Friday, September 12, 2008

My thoughts on Christian Life – Bible Reading


RockYou FXText



Truly multiply has been a blessing to me as well as all other believers. I always feel that there is some one or other who posts beautiful messages and enlighten each other’s life. Some have posted inspirational blogs; some have inspired others in Christian music and many other wishing warm greetings. Here goes my thought on Christian life.

Today in a world were there are many preachers, prophets, and servants of God. There are several thousand books written about Christianity. There are even several thousand blogs written by Christians to inspire believers and non believers. It all comes down to one thing. Do we really need to be buying all the books to influence and change our Christian Life? Maybe Yes or No….Many Christians don’t even read the Bible regularly or for the sake we just read 1 chapter for a day. Is that enough for the day? You should be deciding.

Few Years back my pastor said that if a person does not read ten chapters a day from the Bible he is not worthy. My dad was shocked at this, the day I went back to my home country; I remembered my pastor words of saying to read 10 chapters a day. This was the first time in life I was reading 10 chapters starting from Genesis. I read thoroughly whether I understood or not. Long story short……The day I took my pastors word, I believed that it was for my good to understand the whole of the Bible. It takes sacrifice for all of us to read the word of God. The more number of times you finish reading the Bible the better and clearer it gets. So far God has given me the wisdom to understand his word through his support. I consider the Bible as a Mirror to our daily life.

Coming to the topic of reading Christian books. When the Bible speaks to you, why do you look for another answer from books and doctrines. What I am trying to say is, Bible is the foundation you should be reading first then comes other known Christian authors you know off. Man writes book’s from his own thoughts from his inspirational life based from the Bible. If you give room to the Bible in your hearts then you will find your answer. There is nothing wrong in reading Christian books. But if there is a God living in you and who speaks to you as you read the scripture there is no better way of connection with God.

Jesus is the truth. The Bible says if you know the truth and the truth will set you free. Today many people and pastors talk about the world situation mixed with Gods message. We can keep on talking about the problems of the world for ages; there is no end to it. End of the day, only God has the answer for everyone’s solution. From the smallest to the biggest we can find mistakes with the world. Our duty as a Christian is to give the truth from the Bible rather than debating Christian thoughts vs. Worldly Ideas. Today in many churches truth from the scriptures has been given less importance, rather preachers preach on positivity, financial and other encouraging messages. That might be good but where is the word of God from the Bible? Some preachers quote some few of their favourite verses and their day in preaching ends. Isn’t that cheating on God? I am not here to judge anybody but to tell you the real happening in the Christian world.


Therefore friends’ going to church is important but our relationship with God through the reading of scripture matters even more to God. So let us give room for the word of God in our life first then other things will follow after when it is necessary. Our living hearts will judge what is really needed in our lives and what is not.

God bless you all, feel free to leave me a message or comment

No comments: